IMU - MERI CAMPUS
HAY BUNDER BLOCK (MERI), MUMBAI:
The Institute was established at the onset of Independence in 1949 to satisfy the growing need of marine engineers in India. The Institution earlier named Directorate of Marine Engineering Training had its headquarters in Calcutta and a branch at Mumbai, under the Ministry of Shipping (Government of India). The Institute has been renamed Marine Engineering and Research Institute in 1994.The Institute was a dream project of a new India as she was expanding her horizon in the maritime field, starting with an initial intake of 60 cadets, today about 150 young highly motivated Engineers are passing through her hallowed portals..
Facilities at IMU-MC (MERI) provide excellent opportunity for those who are inclined to improve their skills in sporting events and games. MERI has regularly participated in inter-collegiate sports meets & have successfully positioned itself as one of the best..
The campus is spread across Hay Bunder Road, Sewri , Mumbai. The campus comprises the following :
Main Administrative Block with Office space , class rooms, faculty/staff rooms, library, laboratories & common rooms.
Laboratories such as : Physics / Electronics, Computer, Seamanship, Navigation, Environmental Sciences, Marine Engineering Control Station and Chart room etc.
Marine Engineering Work Shop
Two Hostel Blocks
Boiler Chemistry & Heat Transfer Lab
Mechanical and Hydraulic Lab
Electrical and Electronics Lab
Black Smith Shop
IC Engine Shop
Machine shop & General Workshop